You are hereHome ›
SF Energy Watch Contractors
Become a Participating Contractor
SF Energy Watch encourages contractors to install high-efficiency equipment in businesses, nonprofits, and multifamily properties located in San Francisco. Contractors receive financial incentives for providing their customers with qualifying products that will save energy and reduce greenhouse gases. Contractors who install lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, commercial food service equipment, vending cooler machine controls and computer network management systems are encouraged to enroll.
To participate in the program, contractors must attend the required training by SF Energy Watch staff. The training goes over the procedures and rules, project applications, and payment process. Once contractors pass all the qualifications, they will be added to the List of Preferred Contractors. They also will become part of a referral system for customers who apply to the program. Only contractors who remain in good standing will be referred to customers and posted on the web site.
To become a participating contractor, contact the SF Energy Watch Contractor hotline at 866-540-SFEW (7339) or email email@example.com
Contractor Requirements to Enroll in the Program:
- Hold and maintain appropriate licenses required by the State of California Contractor's License Board to perform the class and type of work required, and if applicable, ensure that any subcontractors meet the same requirement
- Hold and maintain all required City and County licenses
- Hold and maintain general liability insurance coverage
- Hold and maintain Worker's Compensation Insurance
Incentives are available for the following types of installations:
- Lighting and lighting controls
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and HVAC controls
- Refrigeration equipment and controls
- Commercial food service equipment
- Water heating systems
- High-efficiency residential clothes washers and dishwashers
- Refrigeration recycling
- Windows and ceiling insulation
- Pool motors and motor controls
- Computer power management software.
What the Buzz is about!
Here's what some preferred contractors are saying about SF Energy Watch:
"SF Energy Watch Program allows us to build relationships with customers whom we might not otherwise have known. Once we work for them under the program they are more likely to call for other services."
- John Pink, Blue Earth Energy Management Services
"Participating with SF Energy Watch over the past few years has helped grow my business significantly. The contacts made with many different businesses have helped expand our customer base."
- Ken Fong, Crown Distribution Company, Inc.
"The SF Energy Watch program has helped me expand my business from 3 employees when I started back in 2007 to 8 installers within the first three years of operation. Also, the SF Energy Watch staff is great to work with and understand the contractor's needs."
- Charlie P. Friel Jr., Friel Energy Solutions, Inc.
"SF Energy Watch makes it easy for customers to save operating costs through lighting retrofits. The fact that customers do not have to handle any paperwork, or pay for the entire cost of the project is a big selling point for contractors in the program."
- Mark Williams, New Light Energy Design, LLC
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.