Tools & Factsheets
General pest management resources
- Our Water Our World Pest Control Fact Sheets: User-friendly fact sheets on some common pest problems.
- UCIPM Pest Notes: Detailed, authoritative guidelines from the University of California on managing a wide range of pest problems.
- School IPM HELPR: Start with the pest problem, read authoritative guidelines from the University of California, and compare hazards of various prevention and treatment approaches.
- Beyond Pesticides Factsheets: Factsheets on managing a variety of pests without pesticides.
- Try the pocket-sized University of CA Landscape Pest ID cards with photos of pests & safer pest control tips.
- Bedbug Prevention Factsheet, a user-friendly factsheet from SF Environment, 2006.
- Guidelines for Prevention and Management of Bed Bugs in Shelters and Group Living Facilities: NY IPM Program, 2008
- Central Ohio Bedbug Task Force: A definitive reference for professionals and nonprofessionals.
- Bedbug Quick Relief for Tenants & Homeowners: Factsheet Central Ohio Bedbug Task Force.
- Bedbug Identification, Prevention, Management (scroll to "bed bugs"), Northeastern IPM Center
- Bedbugs (tips for renovation, construction, or dealing with tenants), Bay Area LISC &the Bedbug Task Force 2006.
Rats, mice, and other rodents
Rat IPM Plan template: Created for San Francisco’s IPM Program, 2006
Bay Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Guidelines: Certification for landscapes that addresses water, pesticides, plant selection, soils, and other issues.
UC Tools for Healthy Lawns: If you must grow a lawn, this tool tells you all you need to know.
IPM for schools
School IPM Program - California Dept. of Pesticide Regulation: Home base for the state’s implementation of the Healthy Schools Act; includes handbook, guidelines, forms, and other resources.
Model IPM plans
California Academy of Sciences IPM Plan: An excellent example of an IPM plan for a modern museum.
Information on pesticides & pesticide hazards
Pesticide Action Network - One of the most useful online databases for quickly looking up hazards of active ingredients or pesticide products.
National Pesticide Information Retrieval Database: Definitive databases from US EPA on registered pesticides.
Pesticides Registered in California - Database maintained by the California Department of Pesticide Regulation
EPA Pesticide Product Label System - US EPA database of pesticide product labels
Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides Fact Sheets
National Pesticide Information Center - Extensive resources on all aspects of pesticide toxicology, worker health, and exposure
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.