You are hereHome ›
There are many benefits to a home energy upgrade, such as:
- Comfort - your home will be warmer
- Quiet - street noise will be diminished
- Health - indoor air quality will improve; less dust, and toxins will be in the air
- Value - home upgrades will improve the value of your home
- Energy - your home will become 10-45% more efficient
- Environment - less energy use means less carbon output which helps fight climate change
A home energy upgrade will make your house more comfortable by reducing drafty areas or spaces that are too hot or too cold. Reducing cold, moist spaces also eliminates areas where mold is likely to grow. Increased insulation results in houses that are quieter in addition to being more energy efficient. Repairs to ducts and heating equipment not only improve air circulation and make heating and cooling more efficient, the improvements can also make the air inside your home much cleaner and healthier to breathe.
On top of all this, you will save money on your energy bills, may increase the value of your home, and help the environment while you're at it!
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.