School Greening Tips and Links
Make a positive difference at school! Here are a few suggestions.
Implement a Double-Sided Printing Policy
- Set double-sided copying as the default on your computers and printers. This can dramatically reduce paper use, which saves natural resources and money.
Buy Recycled or Used
- Visit the Scrounger’s Center for Reusable Art Parts (SCRAP) for reusable art supplies and creative reuse ideas.
- Children’s Book Project provides free, new, and gently used children’s books to schools and assists schools with book drives.
- California Materials Exchange (CalMAX) is a free source of used materials such as supplies and furniture to California schools.
- Visit Building Resources for reusable and recyclable building materials, including items that can turn any school garden into a creative work of art.
Recycle Ink Cartridges
Fundraise for your school by recycling ink cartridges.
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.