Healthy Nail Salon Recognition Program
Join San Francisco’s free Healthy Nail Salon Program and we can help your salon become recognized as a Healthy Nail Salon! Using safer products and practices will help protect your health and create a safer environment for your clients. To protect the health of nail salon technicians and customers, San Francisco adopted legislation to create a recognition program to help nail salons implement safer practices and highlight them for their efforts.
Become Recognized – Participating Is Easy!
SF Environment will help you with training and promotion.
- Train your staff in safer practices
- Guide your salon in choosing safer products
- Promote your salon as a Healthy Nail Salon
Benefits of Joining
SF Environment will help you promote your business once qualified.
- Attract more clients
- Enhance the health and well being of your staff
- Create a safer environment in the salon for your clients
- Reduce indoor odors
Join Now! It’s as Easy as 1-2-3
- Submit a registration form.
- Attend a free workshop by SF Environment
- Follow the guidelines, submit an application, become recognized after a final site visit!
Avoid Harmful Products
We have created easy guidelines to help you purchase safer products for your salon.
- Polishes and Lacquers without Toluene, Dibutyl phthalate, Formaldehyde
- Nail Polish Thinners without Toluene, Methyl ethyl ketone (MEK)
- Nail Polish Removers without Ethyl or butyl acetate
- Artificial Nails without Methyl methacrylate (Banned by the FDA)
To join or for questions call: 415-355-3700 (English), 415-562-5516 (Vietnamese).
San Francisco is habitat for 800,000 people – meeting needs for space to work, play, and learn; for food, water, and air; for community with local flora and fauna. SF Environment provides support for urban agriculture and forestry and green buildings, helping residents and businesses harness environmental opportunities.