Increase participation in your building's recycling and composting program with a free on-site or virtual consultation.
- Reduce what you and your building's tenants send to landfill.
- Save money on your refuse bill from Recology.
Communicate the law to your tenants.
- Tenant Reminder: Mandatory Recycling and composting letter (PDF): Letter about the Mandatory Recycling and Composting Ordinance
- Order free 2-gallon kitchen compost pails for your residents email email@example.com.
- Share SFRecycles.org with your residents so they know what goes where
- Add Recycling and composting requirements to your lease - Zero Waste Lease Addendum (PDF)
Set up your zero waste collection area.
- Do you have enough bins to accommodate your building’s recycling, composting, and trash needs? Order or Change Your Recycling & Composting Services (Recology SF)
- Are your waste areas and bins clearly labeled? Recycling, Composting, & Landfill Signs.
- Trash Chute Sign (PDF)
Still need support?
- Schedule a community presentation or ask us to schedule door to door outreach to your tenants. Contact SF Environment at 415-355-3700 or via this online form to request your free consultation.
- Does your property have a contamination charge on your bill? Or do you have a general lack of participation in your building?
- Consider hiring a third party - Zero Waste Facilitators (Recycling Sorters)
What to do with refuse that don't go in any bin or compactor?
- Schedule a free bulky item pick-up for big items (couches, mattresses, etc.)
- Order FREE Apartment Battery Collection (Orange Bucket) service for your building
- Safely dispose of paint, cleaning products, and other toxic and hazardous waste used to maintain your building
- Safely dispose of household hazardous waste left behind by tenants
- Identify which lighting products are hazardous waste
- Understand how to manage and recycle lighting products which are hazardous waste