Reusable Items / Electronics
Donate reusable items or electronics (e-waste) to a local reuse organization:
- Visit SFRecycles to find out drop-off and pick-up locations that take specific items (such as thrift stores, hardware stores)
- Donate unwanted items to local non-profit reuse centers.
Free Pick-Ups (Recology's "Bulky Item Pick-Up" Service)
As part of Recology refuse service:
- Tenants in 5 units or less buildings are entitled to two free pickups a year.
- Tenants in multi-family units (6 units or more)are entitled to one free pickup per year
- Property managers/owners are entitled to one free pickup per year
Acceptable items include:
- Electronics (TV, computer, monitor, keyboard, peripherals)
- Appliances (toaster oven, blender, etc.)
- Furniture (couch, chair. mattress)
- Scrap metal
Contact Recology at (415) 330-1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick-up. Residents must schedule a pick-up prior to placing items on the curbside. More pick-ups can be arranged at an additional cost.
Public Reuse and Recycling Area
San Francisco's Public Reuse and Recycling Area is open to all city residents and businesses. Electronics and non-hazardous materials can be dropped off:
Monday to Friday, 7am to 4:30pm
Saturday 7:30am to 4:00pm
It is illegal to put hazardous waste in any landfill, recycling, or composting bin.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility
San Francisco residents
Drop off household hazardous waste from their own home at Recology's Household Hazardous Waste Facility with proof of San Francisco residency. Maxiumum of 15 gallons per trip. This facility is open:
Thursday through Saturday only, 8 AM to 4 PM.
Find out more information on dropping off hazardous materials.
San Francisco property managers
Drop off hazardous waste from maintaining their property or hazardous waste left by tenants through the VSQG Program by appointment only. Restrictions and fees may apply.
Call (415) 330-1425 for more information or to make an appointment.