The Urban Forestry Council advises city departments, including the Board of Supervisors and the mayor, on urban forestry issues and is responsible for the following:
- Develop a comprehensive urban forest plan, educate the public
- Develop tree-care standards; identify funding needs, staffing needs, and opportunities for urban forest programs
- Secure adequate resources for urban forest programs
- Facilitate coordination of tree-management responsibilities among agencies and report on the state of the urban forest
The Urban Forestry Council meets in City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Jr. Place, San Francisco, CA 94102, on the following dates:
- The fourth Friday in January, March, May and September at 8:30 a.m. in Room 400
- Fourth Tuesday in February, June, August and October at 6:00 p.m. in Room 416
- Second Friday in December at 8:30 a.m. in Room 400
The Planning and Funding Committee and the Landmark Tree Committee meet in the Environment Department Office, 1155 Market St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103:
- The Planning and Funding Committee meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. with the exception of November, when there is no Planning and Funding Committee meeting.
- The Landmark Tree Committee meets as needed on the first Thursday of each month at 4:15 p.m.