The following compilation includes links to online resources and files cited in Environment Code Chapter 7 to help project teams meet Municipal Green Building Requirements.
Administrative Bulletin AB-093, GS1/GS6 Forms: use to document green building design requirements and submit with drawing set - including any addendums- to the Department of Building Inspection and as requested by the Municipal Green Building Task Force.
- Please email GS6 forms and all other materials to email@example.com for review.
- Env Code Chapter 7 Process Requirements: use to track compliance with Chapter 7 processes. No submittal necessary.
Sec 704 (a) Green Building Rating Systems
- LEED rating system
- Other rating systems (partial list)
- Envision, developed and managed by Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure: for infrastructure projects
- Sites, developed and managed by The Sustainable Sites Initiative: for landscape and open spaces projects
- Parksmart, administered by Green Business Certification, Inc.: for parking structure projects
Sec 704 (b) Energy Optimization
- Electric Service to City Departments and Facilities: see Admin Code sec 99.3
- Better Roofs: see San Francisco Green Building Code (SFGBC), chapter 5, sec.22.214.171.124
- Commissioning: see LEED credit Enhanced Commissioning (see also LEED prerequisite Fundamental Commissioning and Verification)
704 (c) Responsible Production and Consumption
- See Ensuring safe, accountable, and circular solutions for building products webpage for general updates on related activities
- Building Material Management: use Green Halo Systems: City & County of San Francisco Debris Tracking System to develop Material Reduction and Recovery Plans (see also Construction and Demolition Forms and Resources webpage; Env Code Ch 14: C&D Demolition Debris Recovery Ordinance)
- Material Reuse: use Virtual Warehouse and/or other regional reuse retailers
- Material Recovery: see Env Code Ch 19: Mandatory Recycling and Composting for requirements regarding adequate space for recycling/composting. Use calculator and guide to support design decisions.
- Embodied Carbon:
- Embodied Carbon Reductions Strategies Checklist
- Life Cycle Assessment: for BD+C see LEED credit Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction; for ID+C see LEED credit Interiors Life-Cycle Impact Reduction.
- Environmental Product Declarations: for BD+C see LEED credit Environmental Product Declarations; for ID+C see LEED credit Environmental Product Declarations.
704 (d) Human and Environmental Health
- Indoor Air Quality
- Enhanced Indoor Air Quality Strategies: for BD+C see LEED credit Enhanced Indoor Air Quality Strategies; for ID+C see LEED credit Enhanced Indoor Air Quality Strategies.
- Low-Emitting Materials: for BD+C see LEED credit Low-Emitting Materials; for ID+C see LEED credit Low-Emitting Materials.
- Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan: for BD+C see LEED credit Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan; for ID+C see LEED credit Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plan.
- Indoor Air Quality Assessment: for BD+C see LEED credit Indoor Air Quality Assessment; for ID+C see LEED credit Indoor Air Quality Assessment.
- Toxics Reduction and Pollution Prevention:
- Building product transparency: for BD+C see LEED credit Material Ingredients; for ID+C see LEED credit Material Ingredients.
- SFE procurement regulations:
- Carpet and Adhesives: Regulation #SFE 2018-01-PPO, see also SFapproved.org
- Resilient Flooring and Adhesives: Regulation #SFE-20-09-PPO, see also SFapproved.org
- Furniture: Regulation #SFE-20-03-PPO, see also SFapproved.org and recommendations for seating
- Electronic Equipment: Regulation #SFE-20-02-PPO
- Lighting Equipment: Regulation #SFE-20-06-PPO
- Paints and Primers: Regulation #SFE-20-08-PPO, see also SFapproved.org
- Biodiversity and Wildlife Habitat: see City of San Francisco Biodiversity Guidelines
704 (e) Water Conservation
- Construction Site Runoff Ordinance: see Public Works Code sec. 146-146.11.
- Stormwater Management Ordinance: see Public Works Code sec. 147-147.6.
- Indoor Water Use Reduction: see SFGBC sec. 126.96.36.199; for BD+C see LEED credit Indoor Water Use Reduction (see also LEED prerequisite Indoor Water Use Reduction); for ID+C see LEED credit Indoor Water Use Reduction.(see also LEED prerequisite Indoor Water Use Reduction).
- Water Efficient Irrigation Ordinance: see Administrative Code Chapter 63.
- Waiver Request Form: In consultation with SFE Senior Green Building Coordinator, use to document any requirement in Chapter 7 with which the project team cannot comply.